SVAN 977 is the next generation of Type 1 sound & vibration instruments and is designed to meet the needs of both environmental monitoring and occupational health and safety monitoring specialists. Its exceptional hardware design also enables the measurement of ultra sound frequencies in the 40 kHz band.
The SVAN 977 provides broadband results with all the standard weighting filters and also offers an incredible time history logging capability providing broadband results and spectra with adjustable double (long and short) logging steps.
Audio recording can be performed simultaneously with time history logging as either a separate wave file or as audio events inside time history files. This solution enables noise source recognition and data post-processing. Manual and automatic triggering of audio recording is also available. Measurement results are recorded in three acoustic or vibration profiles enabling measurements to be performed with 3 different filters (e.g. A, C, Z) and 3 different detector time constants (e.g. Fast, Slow, Impulse).
Measurement data is stored on a µSD card and can be easily downloaded to a PC using SvanPC++ software over either USB or RS 232 interfaces.
The powerful DSP (digital signal processor) used in the SVAN 977 instrument can simultaneously operate in meter mode and perform real-time 1/1 or 1/3 octave analysis including statistical calculations. Additional functions like real-time FFT analysis and Rotation Speed Measurement are also available.
The highly developed user interface works on networks like GPRS, Ethernet, WLAN or ZigBee™ for both remote data download and settings configuration. The built-in Bluetooth™ interface together with smart-phone application, SvanMobile, extends measurement capabilities with all the features offered by smart-phones including text/voice comments, photo, video, GPS position etc.
The instrument is powered by four AA standard or rechargeable NiMH batteries (separate charger is required), from an external DC power source or USB interface. The robust and light weight design accomplishes the exceptional features of this next generation instrument.
- Revolutionary pocket size & light weight ca 225 grams
- Noise measurements meeting Class 1 IEC 61672-1
- Single measurement range
- 1/1, 1/3 octave real-time analysis
- Dosimeter function
- Audio events recording (voice recording)
- Statistical analysis
- Time-history with two logging steps
- Automated calibration start
- Free-field & diffuse-field measurements
- Setup editor available with SvanPC++ software
- Predefined setups and reports with Supervisor+ software
- High contrast color OLED display
- Very robust casing and IP65 protection level
- Built-in self-vibration monitoring
- Micro SD card for mass data memory
- Extremely simple operational mode with Start/Stop
- Easy in use with predefined setups
- Three parallel independent profiles