Definition VIM 2.39 (6.11) Calibration, f: Operation that under specified conditions establishes, in a first stage, a relationship between the values and their associated measurement uncertainties obtained from the measurement standards, and the corresponding indications with their associated uncertainties and, in a second stage, it uses this information to establish a relationship that allows obtaining a measurement result from an indication.
Sound level meters and Dosimeters
The laboratory has a specialized software that allows a calibration to be carried out automatically generating a template, which by means of lists are inserted correspondingly combining the data obtained in the calibration of the equipment in a Word document to the calibrated equipment serial number. This is a system that allows all peripherals to be controlled from the PC to perform a calibration without the traceability of the data being lost, the calibration data and its uncertainties are only seen in the moment of generation of the report and the certificate. This software it is endorsed by the parent company, certified 17025 to carry out calibrations with itself, fulfilling all the requirements of IEC 61672-3. In accordance with the IEC 61260 standard, the equipment uses the SV401 frequency generator of the Svantek brand, which allows for the realization of this type of calibrations. The calibration certificate for sound level meters according to the IEC 61672-3 standard presents results for:
- Calibration frequency indication with acoustic calibrator.
- Self-generated noise in anechoic chamber.
- Self-generated noise with impedance and electrical resistance.
- Acoustic signal with electrostatic actuator.
- Electric signal for frequency weighting A.
- Electrical signal for frequency weight C.
- Electrical signal for Z frequency weighting.
- Frequency signal and weighting time at 1 kHz.
- Response to the tone burst (Toneburst), when applicable.
- Peak level for frequency weighting C.
- Linearity level over level range. Overflow indication.
- Level of linearity including level range control.
- Environmental conditions.
The calibration certificate for dosimeters according to IEC 61252, presents results for:
- Environmental calibration conditions.
- Determination of the correction of frequency errors.
- Determination of the absolute sensitivity of acoustics.
- Determination of the response to the established linearity error signals.
- Determination of the linearity error response with the change in the level of a sinusoidal input signal.
- Determination of the linearity error response to changes in the integration time.
- Determination of the error response to signals of short duration.
- The response to the set of signals - reference.
- Response to short-term signals.
- Determination of the response to the dosimeter impulses.
- Difference of the same polarity.
- Overflow indication.
Acoustic calibrators. It is following the IEC 60942 standard, the laboratory uses BRUEL & KJAER equipment specialized in this type of calibrations.
Pumps, Flow Calibrators and thermal stress equipment.ombas, Calibradores de Flujo y equipos de estrés térmico. In accordance with what was expressed by the GUM and EA-4-02 for the expression of uncertainty in calibrations. The laboratory has suitable equipment and an excellent resolution to perform this type of calibration.